The Southeast Kentucky Economic Development Corporation is a non-profit economic development organization formed in 1986 serving 45 counties in Southeast Kentucky. SKED works directly with individual companies, their consultants and advisors to provide a wide range of services. Our services are provided on a free and confidential basis. We are a one-stop resource for:
- Site selection assistance
- Incentive and business tax information
- Business financing
- Business advice and training
- Key contacts in business and local government
- Demographic, wage and economic data
- Navigation through local government requirements
- Access to workforce training and recruitment resources
- Entrepreneurial/New Small Business Startup Training
- Established Business Growth and Expansion Support
- Diversified Loan Programs
- Extensive Technical Support for Existing Loan Clients
- Partnership Lending with Banks and Other Non-profit Organizations
SKED is designated a Certified Development Corporation (CDC) by the U.S. Small Business Administration. This designation authorizes SKED to process SBA 504 loans throughout the state of Kentucky. The 504 Loan Program is SBA's economic development tool to provide small business financing and create jobs all across America.
SKED focuses its business service resources primarily on companies in the manufacturing sector, or high growth business sectors. However, through a regional network of economic development partners, SKED is able to help most companies find assistance for their relocation or expansion projects.
SKED welcomes the opportunity to work with you and to make a compelling case for locating and expanding in the Southeast Kentucky region. Our mission is to foster economic growth and vitality in the region. We pursue that mission by assisting you to prosper in Kentucky.